Welcome to the Southern Ohio Chapter of US Lacrosse.
NEXT CHAPTER MEETING
Monday, February 9th 7- 9 PM, Mason HS Commons
- Review information from the 2015 USL Convention
- Plan for the March Positive Coaching Alliance Program
Chapter Winter Training and Educational Opportunities for Coaches and Officials
- Chapter submitted grant application to US Lacrosse to assist in funding a PCA Partnership with the Chapter; waiting for decision from National; plan to have a PCA event(s) in any event in 2015.
Women's Game Rules Interpretation
The Southern Ohio Women's Rules Interpretation will be held Saturday, February 7th, at the Mason HS Small Commons. Officials will be required to attend from 9 AM to 1 PM and coaches will be expected to atted from 11 AM to 1 PM. For furthern information please see sowlua.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Upcoming Player Opportunities:
- The HS Boys JV Preview day is set for 3/14/2015. Currently, one of our newest HS programs, Franklin, has offered to host. Need to get the list of teams interested sent to David Noll by no later than Friday, Nov. 14. 16 teams is the max, and after that a second site would be added – Turf preferred. First come, first served. Your acceptance is based on the time-stamp of your reply. Please send your request to play in the JV Preview to: email@example.com. Any questions, please call me at 937-272-8139.
- Jeff Luebbe -- Queen City Classic Tournament
Ohio Concussion Awareness / Return to Play Law
Folks, you may have heard that Ohio has adopted a new law concerning concussions that applies to both HS teams and also youth sports organizations. Each of our club or school sponsored organizations are covered and are required to comply. In general, the law requires each coach and official to take a free on-line concussion awareness course, and establishes procedures for removing a player from practice or games who exhibits signs of a concussion. The law also establishes the requirements for a player to return to play (i.e., physician or certified trainer release). Finally, the law requires each program to provide an informational disclosure on concussions in sports to the parent or guardian of each of your players. The form is prescribed by the Ohio Department of Health. The Department of Health has identified the on-line courses, and has also completed the parent disclosure form. I have set forth below a link below to the Ohio Department of Health website that contains all of this information. NOTE: this law is effective 4/26/13 so each Program will have to comply. Please note that the League and the Southern Ohio Chapter of US Lacrosse are not responsible for compliance with this law: compliance is the responsibility of each Program. You only have the immunity and other benefits of the law if you comply by having each coach and official take the on-line training, and for Programs to provide the disclosure to parents.
Note the requirements and training are more detailed for HS programs, and also require the players to sign off on the player and parent receiving the concussion awareness disclosure.
Everyone should read this information carefully and make sure you comply.
The Ohio Department of Health's Violence and Injury Prevention Program is pleased to announce our new youth concussion web page,www.healthyohioprogram.org/concussion