|NC Chapter of USL to Sponsor NCHSAA Lacrosse Finals - Monday, November 25, 2013|
The NC Chapter of USL has renewed our contract with the NCHSAA to sponsor the NC HS State Lacrosse Finals for 2014.
|Bradley Smith Awarded National Convention Grant - Monday, November 25, 2013|
The NC Chapter has awarded an official's grant to Bradley Smith from Greensboro to attend the National Convention in 2014. Congratulations Brad!
|November 2013 Chapter Newsletter Available - Monday, November 25, 2013|
|First Day of Practice Set for 2014 - Monday, November 25, 2013|
The NCHSAA has set the first day of practice as Feb. 12, 2014. For more information about 2014 season dates, visit The NCHSAA website at http://www.nchsaa.org/.
|Cary, NC COULD Host D I and III Women's Lacrosse Championships - Monday, November 25, 2013|
The NCAA has announced the host site finalists for 81 championships for the 2014-18 seasons, including men's lacrosse and women's lacrosse. WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary, N.C., is a finalist to host the Division I and III women's championships.
|NCHSAA creates TWO state championship divisions for high school boys! - Monday, November 25, 2013|
The NCHSAA's Tra Waters reports that since at least half of all NCHSAA 4A high schools now field boys' lacrosse teams, there will be a state championship for 4A high schools as well as a second state championship for the other 3 divisions (1A, 2A, 3A) combined.
Since no NCHSAA classification has 50% or more of its member schools fielding girls' lacrosse team, there will still be one girls' lacrosse state championship for all NCHSAA schools.
|NC US Lacrosse Grant Winners! - Monday, November 25, 2013|
The following NC organizations were awarded Soft Lacrosse equipment this past fall by USL:
- Communities in Schools of Moore County - Pinehurst, N.C.
- Lawndale Swim & Tennis Club - Greensboro, N.C.
- Boys & Girls Club of Wake County - Wake Forest, N.C.
- Davie Family YMCA - Mocksville, N.C.
- AH Bangert Elementary School - New Bern, N.C.
Congratulations to the NC organizations which won First Stick grants from US Lacrosse this past fall:
NC Youth Programs:
- Charlotte Secondary School (Boys)– Charlotte, N.C.
- Tribal Sovereignty Inc Black River (Boys) – Dunn, N.C.
- Tribal Sovereignty Inc Cumberland County (Boys)- Cumberland County, N.C.
- Tribal Sovereignty Inc Drowning Creek (Boys) - Pembroke, N.C.
- Tribal Sovereignty Inc Haliwa-Saponi (Boys) – Hollister, N.C.
- Virgo Preparatory Academy (Girls and Boys) – Wilmington, N.C
NC High School Program:
- Voyager Academy (Boys) - Durham, N.C.