Application/Nomination Form: Men's Candidate | Women's Candidate
Nominees to the Greater Baltimore Chapter Hall of Fame are evaluated based upon the following categories. Each category represents the highest degree of excellence and dedication to the game of lacrosse.
1) A truly great player who has contributed noteworthy service to the game of lacrosse over the years.
2) A truly great player.
3) A truly great coach who has contributed noteworthy service to the game of lacrosse over the years.
4) An outstanding player, who was also an outstanding coach or official, who has contributed noteworthy service to the game of lacrosse over the years.
5) A truly great coach.
6) A player who has made a truly great contribution to society.
7) An individual who has demonstrated long, dedicated and exceptional service to the game.
8) A qualified individual, whose career was completed at least forty years prior to the current year and who, in the committee's opinion, has been overlooked or forgotten.
In order to be considered for nomination to the Greater Baltimore Chapter Hall of Fame, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
• A Nominee Questionnaire must be submitted by, or on behalf of, each candidate.
• A candidate must possess character beyond reproach.
• At least 15 years for men, 10 years for women, must have elapsed since a candidate's normal or projected college/university graduation. (Willing to consider extraordinary applicants for nomination to Hall of Fame who do not meet minimum years requirement. College attendance is also not a prerequisite for consideration.)
• A minimum of 14 years residency in the Baltimore area(not necessarily consecutive years) (The GBC encompasses Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Harford County, Howard County.
Each Fall, the GBC Hall of Fame Nomination Committees meet to review each Hall of Fame Nominee Questionnaire filed to date and all accompanying support material. Each nomination committee then presents a final slate of nominees to the GBC Lacrosse Board of Directors at its November meeting. A maximum of five men and five women may be elected in aryany one year. Selectees are notified via letter. Formal induction ceremonies take place in January at the GBC Hall of Fame Banquet.
For more info about the GBC Hall of Fame Inductees, contact Skip Lichtfuss (men) or Mary Clare McFadden (women).